Monday, November 3, 2014

30 Days and Counting...But, Who's Counting?

Sister Badger and I in front of our apartment
So today is November 3rd... that means in exactly one month I will be on an airplane. How crazy is that!?!?


This week has been a little more frustrating, but still very productive. 

Monday we had supper with the Rutter Family. They have the best Halloween decorations! They go all out! It was so much fun to get to know their family and see how "missionary minded" they are!

Tuesday we had interviews with President and Sister Bernhisel. As I was talking with Sister Bernhisel she said that she wants to move Sister Badger around to a different area every transfer so she can get everything and everyone organized! And then she said that she wants to move me around every transfer so I can help all the Sisters because as she said, "Who can hate Sister Shurtz?" Then I showed her the back of my name tag which has a sticker for each of my companions. I informed her that out of 13 transfers, I have had 10 different companions. I think I've been moved around enough! She laughed and took a picture of the back of my name tag. 

Wednesday we helped the Primary Presidency decorate for the Trunk or Treat activity that night. There were decorations EVERYWHERE! There were spiderwebs and a giant spider and lots of pumpkins! It was fun to help decorate :) 
 
 
All Decorated for Trunk or Treat

After decorating we had a lesson with Allean. We asked her if she likes the church she has been coming to with us and her response was, "Oh yes! I love that little Baptist church we've been going to! It reminds me of my ol' little church I used to go to." We looked at her and said, "Allean, do you think we are Baptists?" And she said "Yes! Good little Baptist girls." So there in lies the reason why she doesn't want to be baptized... She thinks we are Baptists too! 

Here is a picture of me with Mary (Allean's daughter) and Allean
After Allean's lesson we went to contact a referral by getting Sister Badger's hair cut. She is very nice and actually came to church a couple of weeks ago but only stayed for sacrament meeting. While we were there we met a man who is deaf! It made my day! He lost his hearing when he was 11, so he is really good at reading lips and I wouldn't have been able to tell unless he told me. It was fun to use some of my ASL with him and to get to hear his story. 

That night at the Trunk or Treat there were SO MANY PEOPLE! Allean came and so did our investigator Jay! I think I forgot to mention that I gave Jay the Book of Mormon with Jenny's testimony in it :) They all had a good time.

Sister Badger and I dressed up for the trunk or treat. She was a rain storm and I was a rainbow.
 
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were days full or trying to find people on the ward list. We want to try to meet everyone, so in the process we are finding a lot of people who have moved or are NOT interested. But we did find a woman, Dawn, who is interested in learning more. Her husband is a less active member and we have an appointment set up with them for later this week. 

Saturday we also went to a stake baptism day and Jay came! It was so good, but she has a LOT of questions. William doesn't want to talk with us anymore. Amanda hasn't been answering her phone. The Parrish's are still stubborn. But Sister Badger is amazing and we are working hard. 

Hope y'all have a great week!!! 

Love,
Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment