Monday, December 1, 2014

It's the Final Countdown!

So...... I guess this is it? That's what all y'all's emails said. Apparently I'm coming home this week. It doesn't even feel real! I don't feel like this will or should ever end! North Carolina has become my home! My heart will always be full of all the people I have met and who have influenced my life for the better.

Weeks with Holidays are always interesting as a missionary. Usually they are full of visits with members, but not so many investigators because they are either busy or out of town. 

​We built a fort! :) I love Sister Badger! <3

This week we spent our dark hours re-writing the words to "The 12 Days of Christmas" and making signs to go along with our song.... it is posted on Facebook if you want to see what I'm talking about. We had a lot of fun doing it and I am definitely going to miss Sister Badger a LOT! We have become good friends.

Thanksgiving was fun! We had lots of food and ate with a really big family, the Coombs. Brother and Sister Coombs are so sweet! I feel blessed to have been able to spend part of the day with them.


Sister Coombs and me on Thanksgiving

 
As I thought about my many blessings on this week, I realized that I could honestly go on forever with all the amazing things I have in my life!
- family (I honestly think we have the best family in the world)
- friends
- the gospel (scriptures, prayer, the spirit, the atonement, temples, priesthood, etc.)
- technology
- nature
We are so very blessed to live where and when we do. 

We did get to see Allean and talk with her, but she is still feeling pretty sick so she didn't get to come to church yesterday. No one came to church yesterday. But I got to speak about "standing as a witness of God." It was really interesting to think about what that means. As a missionary it is something you do every day because you are talking with lots of people and you have a name tag on that identifies you as a representative of Jesus Christ and His church. But everyone can be a witness of God as they do the little things every day. As we stand as an example and do what we know God wants us to do.

Today we are going to see Sister Thompson one more time and then we finally have an appointment to teach Jay tomorrow right before transfer meeting. 

Love y'all so much and I am very excited to see you in a few days (or weeks... whenever you can make it Erin!) 

Signing off..... Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment